Topic: Abortion clinic access
To investigate & integrate knowledge of advanced nursing practice, scholarly inquiry, & leadership by examining a policy at the level of clinical practice, health care systems, or public/social health policy.
You must strictly follow the following scheme. You must use titles and subtitles.
Introduction ( 1/2 page):
1. Define and describe the policy issue to be addressed.
2. Identify the purpose of analysis (check the purpose and paraphrase it)
a. Targeted level of policy (i.e., clinical practice, health care systems, or public/social health)
b. Significance of topic.
3. Identify questions the policy analysis is intended to address.
Background ( 1 page)
1. Issue or problem, including its:
2. Relevant literature (3), and include;
b.Context within which the issue exists.
2. Describe existing policy addressing the issue, if any.
3. Discuss strengths & shortcomings in existing policy.
4. Identify & describe key stakeholders that are or will be affected by the policy
c. Explain why
Analysis (3 pages)
1. Identify alternative policies to achieve objectives.
2. Establish/identify criteria that will be used for selection of “best” policy.
3. Evaluate each alternative, and include
a. Its potential impact relative to the healthcare
b. Patient outcomes.
4. Assess the trade-offs between alternatives.
Recommendations (1 page)
1. Based on the analysis, identity:
a. Thee “best” alternative to address the current issue
b. Policy situation.
2. Provide a rationale for selection.
3. Describe possible strategies to implement selected alternatives.
4. Identify 3 barriers to the implementation of the selected alternative.
5. Describe 2 methods to evaluate policy implementation.
Discussion (1 page)
1. Discuss analysis & recommendations relative to:
a. Original questions identified
a. Level of policy it is intended to address (i.e., clinical practice, health care systems, or public).
2. Identify limitations of the analysis.
3. Discuss implications for
Conclusion ( 1/ 2 page)
1. Summarize findings & recommendations of analysis
2. Identify questions to be addressed in future studies or policy analyses