Please follow the instruction below
Week 2 Journal Entry: Safe Prescribing – Due Week 4
Posted on: Saturday, December 18, 2021 8:59:39 PM EST
- Analyze roles of the Drug Enforcement Administration
- Analyze PMHNP responsibilities when issued a DEA number
- Analyze DEA number application procedures
- Analyze state requirements for safe prescribing and prescription monitoring
- Analyze PMHNP responsibilities for safe prescribing and prescription monitoring
- Analyze Schedule II-V drug levels
To prepare for this Practicum Journal:
- Review the Learning Resources.
In 2-3 pages:
- Describe the role of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as it pertains to the PMHNP.
- Explain your responsibilities when having a DEA number.
- Explain how you apply for a DEA number.
- Explain your state’s requirements for a safe prescribing and prescription monitoring program. Explain your responsibility as a PMHNP to follow these requirements.
- Provide an example of a drug you may prescribe from each of the Schedule II-V drug levels.
- Use APA 7th edition format
- SafeAssign score should be less than 50%