I will need 2 responses to the following 2 discussion board posts. (see attached)
Original prompt from the discussion board – Based on the readings from Chapters 12 and 13, there are a host of principles and policies in place to protect parties from others, as well as their own mistakes or ignorance. What are some biblical principles that relate to these legal ideals, such as Public Policy, the Parol Evidence Rule, and the Statute of Frauds? Specifically, which of these biblical principles pertain to business contracts and agreements today? How do the principles compare with the readings from chapters 12 and 13?
- Liuzzo, A. L., & Hughes, R. C. (2019). Essentials of Business Law (10th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill Education:
- Chapters 7, Introduction to Contracts;
- Chapters 8, Offer and Acceptance;
- Chapters 9, Mutual Agreement;
- Chapters 10, Consideration;
- Chapters 11, Competent Parties;
- Chapters 12, Legal Purpose of Contracts;
- Chapters 13, Form of Contracts;
- Chapters 14, Operation of Contracts;
- Chapters 15, Discharge of Contracts; and
- Luke 7:36-50 (Greater Debt) [NEW].
For the 2 responses – In addition, learners post a minimum of two responses to peer initial responses. The peer response should include additional research that expands upon one of key points noted in your peers initial response. The peer reply should be composed in a professional manner with a word count range of 150-350 words each.