Boulder, Colorado, has been a leader in controlling urban sprawl by limiting new construction and population growth. One consequence has been skyrocketing housing prices. Write a short essay of at least 1 page discussing issues related to the impacts of the housing price increase on the availability of housing for poorer people. Do you think this limit on who can live where is moral or ethical? With this in mind, also discuss the impacts of urban renewal on the availability of housing and urban sprawl (urban renewal is very common). How does this practice of renewal impact the poor?
The following guidelines should be followed for all paper assignments in this course:
- Length: 1.5 full pages (not including the header and literature cited)
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point
- Spacing: Double
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides
- Format: APA or MLA (your choice)
- Thoughts well-developed and highly organized.
- Fully addresses all required elements and topics.
- Spelling and grammatical errors are rare.
- Well-written, Demonstrates mastery of concepts.
- All non-text sources cited appropriately, including websites.