In this assignment, you will study the need for understanding user requirements before designing a network and the IP addressing schemes required by the networks to communicate.
Using the Internet, research about the following:
- NOS and the services they provide
Continuing with the scenario you worked with in Weeks 1–3, this week, you will complete the following tasks:
- Prepare a preinstallation document that captures the requirements for the Dreamz Inc. network.
- Analyze and describe the cost factor for each hardware and software component of the network.
- Mention the IP classes that can be used in the private network of Dreamz Inc. and why.
- Design the IP addressing scheme for the Dreamz Inc. network.
- Assess whether additional IP addresses are required to connect to the Internet or the network can simply connect to the Internet. Give reasons for your answer.
- Design the IP addressing for hundred users on the third floor. You should use minimal number of IPs while designing. Use the class C addresses.
- Create eight IP subnets and each IP subnet should suffice for twenty-two users. Use the class B private IP addresses. Also, define the broadcast address for the fourth subnet.
Prepare a 2- to 3-page report using Microsoft Word to document your work. It is important to pay close attention to the page limit.
Support your work with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.