https://bestnursingassignment.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/logo-1-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://bestnursingassignment.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/logo-1-300x75.png admin2020-09-10 04:52:582020-09-10 04:52:58ECON 2620 Week 14 USA and General Epistles Assignment
ECON 2620 Week 14 USA and General Epistles Assignment
Assignment for Week 14: USA and General Epistles (DUE IN 12 hours)
Read Hebrews, 1 Peter, Ephesians, 2 Timothy; and pp. 1-11 of “USA and the Apocrypha” available in the file “Second Century Christianity: USA” in the folder “Comments on Selected NT Texts” in Course Documents on Blackboard
- Describe the apostolic tradition.
- What features of the canon support the USA?
- What is the golden age myth? How does it differ from the apocalyptic myth? Which best suits an institution?
- Describe 2nd century Christianity. See question #13 as well.
- What are the so-called “General Epistles”?
- What is the general demand made on followers of Jesus in the General Epistles?
- Why are followers of Jesus to be righteous sufferers in 1 Peter? What HB scripture does this demand depend upon?
- Why is Melchizedek important to Hebrews?
- What kind of Jesus does Hebrews imagine?
- What is Hebrews’ relationship to Jewish Christianity?
- What HB passages are particularly important to Hebrews?
- How do the post-Paulines and Acts domesticate Paul?
- Who are the Ebionites, Marcionites, and Gnostics? What kind of Pauls do they envision? How does the institutional Paul combat these alternative Pauls?
- How does the church of Ephesians differ from churches usually addressed by Paul?
- What is the “mystery” in Ephesians?
- What is a household code?
- How might Ephesians introduce Paul’s thought/letters?