ENGL1301 Memoir About a Meaningful Image Essay
Audience: Adults looking for insightful analysis about a meaningful image
1. Compose a title, a short introduction paragraph, two well-developed paragraphs that analyze the image, and a short conclusion paragraph.
- Your introduction paragraph should…
- identify the image and its creator in an interesting way
- explain how it fits the theme
- provide a brief summary of the miner’s situation.
- Each body paragraph should…
- be well-developed with specific, in-depth thinking
- begin with a topic sentence that states your main idea – in other words, your opinion that the rest of the paragraph will support, not just a fact
- focus on supporting the topic sentence
- (hint for possible organization: One paragraph can focus on the miners writing the note below ground. The second paragraph can focus on the people above ground who receive the note.)
- Your conclusion paragraph should…
- provide closure for your essay
- avoid bringing up new supporting ideas or just repeating your thesis statement
2. Include a Works Cited entry at the end of your essay.
Photograph from publication:
Last Name, First Name. Photograph Title. Year Created. Museum/Collection Name, City. Publication Information.
Author’s Last name, First name. “Title of chapter or section.” Title of the work, translated by or edited by First name Last name, vol. number, City of Publication*, Publisher, Year the book was published,