Continuing on with step one of the Impact Model is the need to search for the studies to support your project. There are different classes of evidence that can guide changes in clinical practice.
To prepare for this Assignment, review the following:
- Academic Writing Expectations Checklist 4000 Level Courses.
- Walden paper template. (No abstract required for AWE 4000.)
Write a 2-page paper (exclusing title page and reference page) to address the following:
- For the evidence-based problem that you identified in Week 1 for your project, locate two different articles/sources representing two different types of evidence from the following categories: (a) systematic review, (b) national clinical guidelines and/or (c) peer-reviewed quantitative / qualitative studies.
- For each article/source of evidence:
- Summarize the article/source in your own words without the use of direct quotes.
- Using the Peterson et al., (2014) article located in Week 2 Resources address the level of evidence (hierarchy). Then discuss the usefulness of the evidence from the article/source in addressing the identified practice problem. Be sure to site evidence in-text and in a final reference page.
- Describe where your two sources fit into the hierarchy of evidence and explain why.
- Describe the value of these two sources in better understanding and addressing your evidence-based problem.
- Use the writing template to follow APA formatting and follow AWE level 4000 guidelines.
Note: Before you submit any final paper in the course for grading, submit it to Safe Assign within the course in the week’s draft area. Use the information provided in the Originality Report (Walden University, n.d.) to revise your paper. Paraphrasing and citing your sources in-text will decrease the Similarity Index. Revise your paper before submitting it.