Conduct a health history on a family member or friend. You can use the form located in your Health Assessment lab manual book or from Week Two classroom assignment. You do not need to submit the health history form with your paper. Be sure they give you permission. Using the interviewing techniques learned in Module 2, gather the following information. Use your textbook as your guide.
· Present Health
· Past Medical Health
· Family History
· Review of Systems
While this is only a partial health history, summarize in 3 -5 pages the information you gathered.
Include your answers to the following questions in the summary:
1. Was the person willing to share the information? If they were not, what did you do to encourage them?
2. Was there any part of the interview that was more challenging? If so, what part and how did you deal with it?
3. How comfortable were you taking a health history?
4. What interviewing techniques did you use? Were there any that were difficult and if so, how did you overcome the difficulty?
5. Now that you have taken a health history discuss how this information can assist the nurse in determining the health status of a client.