I need help with 8 discussion questions for my management class
Discussion Questions must be a minimum of 200 words and include citations and references. I will give access to the reading material that was used this week for these discussion questions. Please answer each question separately with its reference but it can all be on one word doc.
- Discuss the pros and cons of using competencies when reviewing performance.
- Create an incentive plan for the following positions: chemical engineer, plant manager, used-car salesperson. What factors did you have to consider in reaching your conclusions?
- Respond- Competency-based reviews allow managers to conduct evaluations along strategic (company-wide) as well as execution-level (job-specific) lines. This is a crucial intersection for most businesses. It takes both core competencies and job competencies to actually be a productive worker, competency-based performance reviews focus on three areas: core competencies, job competencies and the use of both to perform job assignments and duties.
- Discuss some of the major factors that distort performance appraisals? Give a scenario when one of these factors happened to you or to a colleague.
- Delivering performance appraisals is almost as important as how they are planned for, managed throughout the year, and written up. What are some strategies and tips on how to go about delivering a performance appraisal? Are there different things you should do depending on whether the appraisal is good or bad? What if the employee is remote? Think about some steps here and let’s discuss.
- Respond –Performance appraisal might be distorted for a number of reasons, such as leniency error, halo error, similarity error, central tendency, low appraiser motivation, inflationary pressures, and inappropriate substitutes for performance. Similarity error happens all the time. This is an area that all supervisors must be aware of. We are all humans and gravitate towards certain people. When this happens, you have to put on the brakes, and make sure that you are treating everyone fairly.
- Review this week’s course materials and learning activities, and reflect on your learning so far this week.
- Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
Employees can be like siblings. They will look at the supervisor (mom or dad), and compare how they are treating the other employees (brothers and sisters). As a supervisor, you will hear the words “that’s not fair, you let employee x leave early, but when I asked you, you said no.” Keep in mind the word precedent. Do not do something for one employee that you are not willing to do for another employee. If you allow one employee to leave early to attend her son’s baseball game, you’ve just set a precedent, and will have to allow another employee to leave early to attend a ballet recital.
Respond to the following prompts in one to two paragraphs:
- Provide citation and reference to the material(s) you discuss. Describe what you found interesting
regarding this topic, and why.