Keiser University Sports and Academics in Education System Argumentative Essay
the final argumentative essay. This requires research, APA format and content of 1200-1350 words. It may seem a daunting task but step by step, week by week, you will be guided through the process and can achieve success.
Below is a list of essays that serve as the beginning point for your final essay . Now, you can change your topic later on if you need, but you are strongly recommended to stick to the topic you pick now.
Begin by reviewing the following articles, which relate to many of the majors Keiser University students are pursuing. However, you do not have to pick the reading that is most relevant to your major. You are free to select any of the six.
- (General Education) Rose, M. “What college can mean to the other America” pp. 194-197
- (Business Related Fields) Gates Jr., H.L. “Delusions of grandeur” pp. 381-384
- (Health, Sports, Psychology) Bordo, S. “The globalization of eating disorders” pp. 639-643
- (Criminal Justice, Homeland Security) Chua, A. “The right road to America?” pp. 335-340
- (Information Technology) Turkle, S. “How computers change the way we think” pp. 721-727
- (Nature and the Environment) Diamond, J. “The last Americans: Environmental collapse and the end of civilization” pp. 684-701
After you review the six articles, select one, then answer the following questions in a total of 600+ words.
- What is the author’s thesis? What are his or her major points in the essay? Finally, what do you think is the implications of the author’s argument? Meaning, how does the author want this piece to affect readers or even society?
- What are your initial reactions to the essay? Consider questions such as whether you agree with the author or not, who the essay benefits most, your personal experiences with the issues in the essay, and what questions come to your mind as you read the article.
- Consider the strategy the author uses to make the argument. What rhetorical modes or strategies are being most used in this argument? Provide evidence.
- In this assignment, you will showcase what you have reviewed and learned to this point.
- Use proper APA format. Review the following video and create your own version: .
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font only.
- Answer each question in a paragraph of 200-250 words for a total of a minimum 600+ words.
- Use quotes, paraphrasing, and summarizing in your essay. No more than 20% of your essay should be source material.
- The associated reading must be used in your essay. No other sources should be used.
- Upload your essay as an attachment in the dropbox
- In 700-750 words, create a proposal for your intended research for the final paper. You should include
- Identify which reading you selected
- Identify your research question. If you do not like one of the questions you wrote during Week 1, you may refer to the options Paper Options.pdf .
- An abstract of 200 words regarding the intended direction of the major paper.
- The thesis statement to be used in the major paper.
- Three sources that you intend to use for the major paper listed in proper APA format.
- A 170-word narrative for each source that explores the source’s value for your paper.
Please note that your three sources should be the reading that is associated with the option that you chose and two peer-reviewed journal articles from Keiser’s e-Library.
- efer back to the Learning Component in Module 2 of Week 1.In 500-700 words, create an outline for your major paper. Any of the outline formats illustrated in the Week 3 Discussion can be used. Keep in mind that the outline serves as an early draft from which you should more easily segue into the full and final paper assignment. The more specific your outline is, the easier your completion of the final paper will be. At this time, do not quote any source material in your writing. In other words, do not quote for the time being. You will integrate quotes in Week Four. You may integrate in-text citations (i.e. Last Name, YEAR, p. # or para. #) to help yourself think about where sources will best fit.