:Recommendation Report and Letter of Transmittal (30%)
Using the same topic as the proposal report, write a 2,000 word recommendation report that provides a list of action plans and solutions to your key problem. Write a letter of transmittal (cover letter) and send both the report and the letter to your instructor.
There are two documents required to complete this assignment. The first is the report.
Part One: Recommendation Report
Keep in mind that all reports are intended to solve problems. A recommendation report tends to be longer than a proposal and must include recommendations that are based on evidence presented and interpreted in the document. A recommendation report could be prepared in an academic environment as the outcome of research or it could be used on the job by decision makers as the basis or even justification for decisions that would affect business.
Recommendation reports have a particular structure that you will need to follow.
Format for Report:
- Title page APA style
- Table of contents
- Abstract or summary (one short paragraph)
- Introduction that provides background and context
- Problem statement/question
- Three research questions you are investigating
- Body or middle section that summarizes your research
- Conclusion with recommendations for further action and preferred solutions to problem
- Graphics, visuals, illustrations, or appendices (your choice)
- Headings (your choice)
- Numbered lists or bullets (your choice)
- APA style in-text citations
- List of references at the end (APA style)
Part Two: Letter of Transmittal
The letter of transmittal is a cover letter addressed to the intended reader of the report. In this case, the recipient of the letter will be your instructor.
The letter should present the report.
Format for Letter of Transmittal:
- Begin with a short paragraph of one or two sentences that set up the context for the attached document.
- Next write a brief paragraph that highlights the main contents of the report.
- Then write a brief paragraph acknowledging any others who have assisted you or sources that have been helpful.
- Conclude with a request for action such as the opportunity to discuss the recommendations.
Length:your choice for letter.
(((This recommendation report will be marked out of 25%. Please note the breakdown of marks.
- Title page APA style(1)
- Table of contents (1)
- Abstract or summary (one short paragraph) (1)
- Introduction that provides background and context (5)
- Problem statement(1)
- Three research questions you are investigating (3)
- Body or middle section that summarizes your research (5)
- Conclusion with recommendations for further action and preferred solutions to problem (3)
- Graphics, visuals, illustrations, or appendices (your choice) (1)
- Headings (your choice) (1)
- Numbered lists or bullets (your choice) (1)
- APA style in-text citations (1)
- List of references at the end (APA style) (1)
- What works in this report
- What does not work in this report
- Areas for improvement and suggestions on how to improve report writing for the future))))