MSN570 Week 4 Case Studies
A 28-year-old male presents with opioid dependency. He is not in treatment at the present time and is exhibiting severe withdrawal symptoms.
1. Compare and contrast the efferent and afferent nerve pathways.
2. What is nociception?
3. What is somatogenic pain?
4. What is hyperalgesia?
5. How does Naloxone work?
A 55-year-old male presents after a fall in his backyard. His primary diagnosis is a 12 year battle with Parkinson’s Disease.
1. How does Bradykinesia manifest?
2. What causes postural instability in this patient?
3. Compare and contrast pyramidal vs. extrapyramidal.
4. Compare and contrast myelinated and unmyelinated fibers.
A 20-year-old female presents with severe migraines. She has been treated for the last two years.
1. What is the pathophysiology involved with the prodrome associated with migraines?
2. Compare and contrast tension headache and cluster headache. Use patho principles.
3. What is the pathophysiologic difference between migraine headache and tension headache?
A 35-year-old female presents with complications of Huntington’s Disease.
1. What role does ACTH hormone play in this disease?
2. What is cytosine-atenine-guanine repeat? How does this pertain to Huntinton’s disease?
3. How do chromatids and centromere apply to this patient?