Discussion 6.1: Ceremonial Speeches
Step 1 Post a response to the discussion board.
Respond to the following questions, and if it’s relevant, include your own personal experience:
- Who is your hero? Your favorite celebrity? The person you most admire? Think about these questions, and select one individual.
- You have been selected to introduce this individual to your college commencement ceremony.
- What elements of a ceremonial speech would you incorporate in your introduction? Why do you think they would work?
Read and respond to other students’ posts.
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them. In addition to other comments you may have, address the following in your response posts:
- What do you admire about another student’s chosen hero?
- If you had to give a ceremonial speech for a celebrity you do not like at all, how would you go about it?
Use your personal experience, if it’s relevant, to support or debate at least two other students’ posts. If differences of opinion occur, debate the issues professionally and provide examples to support opinions.