1. Complete a mock interview in Optimal Resume using the following steps:
- Log into Optimal Resume and click on “Create New Interview” under the INTERVIEWS tool within the Document Center
- Name the interview and then click “START INTERVIEW”
- Select Interview Type by clicking on a selection with (10) interview questions from the list of selection on the left-hand side
- Next Select “Text” under Format on the right-hand side
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “CONTINUE INTERVIEW”
Once you have responded to each of the 10 questions with a well thought-out, professional response, you will share the link of your mock interview with your instructor through the course drop-box by using the steps listed below.
- Select the Share button in the blue tool bar
- Hover over the link provided
- Right click and copy the link
- Paste the link into the assignment drop box
2. Imagine that the mock interview that you just completed was with a hiring manager at the organization where you would like to be employed. Compose a short thank-you letter expressing your thanks for their time; highlighting how your skills align to the position and that you are looking forward to hearing from them. Please note that spelling and grammar will be assessed.
- Proper salutation
- At least 2-3 sentences in the body of the thank you letter
- Proper closing