Research two or three career paths of interest in your prospective field. In 750-1,000 words, include the following:
- Labor market and availability (e.g., location)
- Income range
- Education/training needed
- Job availability
- Future stability
- Time Demands
- Challenges (e.g., burnout propensity)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Does it match your skill level?
- Does it align with your personality? Value system?
- Summarize which path best suits you and your career choices. Explain why.
- Discuss any surprising factors surrounding the career paths of your prospective field.
At least two to three scholarly sources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to APA standards. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a rubric.
The careers I chose were school counselor and child psychologist. I have started the paper off and left off on Labor Market and Availability. My skill level is intermediate. I have years working in the mental health field and extensive educational background in the field. I believe that it aligns with my personality which is reserved. School counselor best fits my path because of the 2-3 years of experience I have in it at a Mental Health Specialist.
Paper and rubric are attached.