“Mean world syndrome is a term coined by George Gerbner to describe a phenomenon whereby violence-related content of mass media makes viewers believe that the “world is more dangerous than it actually is.”
Our world seems to have become both more connected and more divided every day, the ability to think and talk with others about ethical issues is more important than ever.
In your original post, students will start a discussion topic pertaining to Chapter 11 “Sex and Violence”
Your original post should be a problem or situation that requires a person or organization to choose between alternatives that must be evaluated as right (ethical) or wrong (unethical).
- Essay Format
- Points will be deducted if not in essay format
- Check grammar and spelling!
- Minimum150 words for the original post
- Encourage discussion in your post. Get others thinking (and writing) by making bold statements or including open-ended questions in your message.
- Must cite 2 sources (2016-2019) to validate your viewpoint (cannot be the text or resources posted by the instructor).