Wilson is a 36-year-old migrant worker. He was admitted to the Hospital with a cough, unintended weight loss, and night sweats. He is staying with 6 friends in a one bedroom apartment near the strawberry field where he works. The ED physician suspects Tuberculosis (TB).
- What diagnostic testing will the Provider order to confirm a diagnosis of TB?
- What Isolation precautions do you expect to be put in place and why?
- Describe the recommended treatment regimen for TB, including the rationale for combination drug therapy.
- Identify the reason compliance to medication therapy is often a concern in the patient with TB.
- What should be done for Wilson’s 6 roommates?
Please make an initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student’s posts with substantial details that demonstrate an understanding of the concepts, and critical thinking. Remember that your posts must exhibit appropriate writing mechanics including using proper language, cordiality, and proper grammar and punctuation. If you refer to any outside sources or reference materials be sure to provide proper attribution and/or citation.