Organizations that do not fully implement data governance experience problems that affect the security and integrity of the data and cost the organization dearly in time and money. Some of these problems, as mentioned in your reading, include the following:
- Multiple versions of the truth
- Higher than necessary data management costs
- No ownership or accountability of data
- Internal audit concerns
- Lack of understanding and use of the information
- Loss of information credibility
- Difficulty complying with regulatory requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley
- Management concerns about the quality of the information being used for decision making
To complete your Assignment:
- Investigate IT and data governance. Describe each in detail, explain the processes and components they include, and identify how they work with each other. Provide five peer-reviewed references that are cited within the 400- to 500-word summary.
- Select a database career role (e.g., database developer, database designer, database administrator, database analyst, database architect, database consultant, database security officer, or data manager) that you will define. Provide a description of the role, the tasks performed by the role, and how the role fits within the organization. Provide five peer-reviewed references that are cited within the 400- to 500-word summary.