- Pluralsight: “Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Scanning Concepts”
- Lynda.com®: “Planning a Penetration Test”
- Cyber Kill Chain
Post a total of 3 substantive responses over 2 separate days for full participation. This includes your initial post and 2 replies to other students.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 250 words:
Penetration testers specialize in analyzing an organization for the purpose of making an authorized simulated attack on the organization’s IT systems, to evaluate the security of its IT systems.
The ability to analyze an organization’s security and make authorized simulated attacks on it, to identify security risks, is a useful skill for anyone involved in cybersecurity to develop–not just penetration testers.
This week you will select an organization you wish to explore throughout the course.
In your FIRST discussion post
- Discuss why it is important to gain authorization before you conduct a penetration test
- List the steps in a penetration test and briefly describe what happens in each
- Discuss how the cyber kill chain helps determine how to attack the organization