Choose a book that is appropriate for a read-aloud K- 3rd grade.
Videotape yourself reading a children’s literature book to a young child.
Use different strategies for reading aloud – for example, change your tone when reading, use expressions and gestures, use objects, questioning, etc. Then view your video.
Complete a 250-500 word reflection that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Book title, author, and genre.
- Summary of the book.
- Different read-aloud strategies you used.
- Reactions of the young child and the age of the child.
- Modifications for read-alouds with a class of young children.
- Strengths and opportunities for growth. Provide specific examples