HIST17 Major Problems in American History Discussion
- EACH question posed below needs to be answered in a lengthy paragraph of At Least 10-15 college-level quality, analytical sentences with 3 citation/quote from Cobbs example: (Cobbs, 94)
- Please SUBDIVIDE each answer/paragraph by labeling each chapter’s questions appropriately (a,b,c,d, etc…)
- In-text citations or Footnotes/Endnotes will suffice
◊ ALL citations NEED TO BE BOLD in order to get full credit for them
◊ If you do NOT cite, you will receive NO CREDIT for that question
- use Times New Roman font 12 or comparable ONLY
- Submit ALL questions as one assignment HERE (within Canvas)
PLEASE NOTE: If your www.turnitin.com (Links to an external site.) “Similarity %” is 21% or higher, you will lose points and the paper will be examined very closely for plagiarism and thus could receive a 0!!!
There have been a few students that have run into the “similarity” issue (in past classes) and this was mainly are due to including the Cobbs questions “word for word” in their answers. Avoiding this is simple…do NOT include the questions with your answers. Simply type answers and submit!
Any Questions or concerns: https://www.turnitin.com/help_pages/student_faq.as…
Cobbs’ Chapter 10
Read the following from Chapter 10 (Global Cold War & Nuclear Age) and Answer the questions:
- French Leader Charles de Gaulle Warns the US, 1945
- Independence Leader Ho Chi Minh Pleads with Harry Truman for Support, 1946
- Diplomat George Kennan’s Telegram Advocates Containment, 1946
- Sir Winston Churchill Warns of an Iron Curtain, 1946
- The Truman Doctrine Calls for the United States to Become the World’s Police, 1947
- Senator Joseph McCarthy Describes the Internal Communist Menace, 1950
- Walter Lafeber—“Truman’s Hard Line Prompted the Cold War”
- Mark Lawrence—“Cold War Vietnam: A Mistake of the Western Alliance”
- Why was there a cold war? Did Russian aggression make conflict inevitable, or did the United States overreact to the battered Soviet Union’s quest for security?
- To what extent (how much) did the European allies draw the Unite States deeper into conflict with Russia and the 3rd World?
- What was the effect of the Cold War on the psychology of American citizens?