Accounting is the language of business, and it is not a dead language! The FASB is responsible for ensuring that all relevant and material financial information is properly codified in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
The use of off balance sheet leases to distort the real liabilities of companies is a topic of long-lived concern. ASU 2016-02, Leases, is the most recent action of FASB to address this issue.
For this assignment you will select a company of your choice to write a six to eight (6-8) page report in which you:
- Summarize the impact of ASU 2016-02, Leases on the recording of leases.
- Discuss at least three (3) elements featured in the current information reported by your chosen company for its leases.
- Analyze the impact of the new standard on the reporting of your chosen company’s leases.
- Compare and contrast the impact that ASU 2016-02, Leases will have on the financial ratios of your chosen company.
- Determine the impact of the changes to accounting for leases on the recommendations of stock analysts for your chosen company.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources. Assigment will be check for plagiarism.