MN5551 Purdue University Effects of Teratogenic Case Study Discussion
MN551-1: Integrate knowledge of advanced physiology and pathophysiology across the lifespan with the clinical implications for the advanced practice nurse.
Case Study: Cell Biology and Genetics
Below are several case studies. Your instructor will either assign you a case study or have you select one. If all of the case studies have not been covered, your instructor may assign a case study that no one has covered. Be sure to integrate your knowledge of advanced physiology and pathophysiology across the lifespan with the clinical implications for the advanced practice nurse.
Case Study Posting Requirements
- Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
- Cite at least three sources; journal articles, textbooks, or evidenced-based websites to support the content.
- All sources must be within five years.
- Do not use .com, Wikipedia, or up-to-date, etc., for your sources.
Case Study 4
Felicity is a very busy 29-year-old woman in a professional career. She has diabetes mellitus, and is also pregnant for the first time. Due to her busy schedule, it took her three weeks to visit the family doctor to have the pregnancy confirmed. Felicity became very concerned when her physician asked whether she had been taking folic acid. It was all Felicity could do to remember to manage her insulin levels, and taking folic acid supplements was something she hadn’t even considered. Her doctor told her to take 600 μg of folic acid daily and advised Felicity to return later for maternal serum marker testing.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- Ensure you have written at least four double-spaced pages.
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
- follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th Edition format.