We have learned in Assessing Empathy that “in order to understand those who are significantly different from ourselves, we must take into account the historical and social context within which the targets of our empathy live” (Segal, 2017). In part three of the Social Empathy paper, you will explore the historical context of your social problem. For the final installment of your social empathy applied project gives you the opportunity to pinpoint national and local historical events that can give you insight into your social problem.
a 6page paper that includes the following secciones:
- Introduction – 1pg
- Write a brief introduction to your social problem and share why this social problem is meaningful to you.
- Social Problem History Nationally – 2pf
- Identify three historical events that provide insight into the historical and social context of your social problem in the United States.
- Social Problem History Locally – 2pg
- Identify three historical events that provide insight into the historical and social context of your social problem in your local community. (local can mean your town, county, or state)
- Conclusion – 1pg
- In your conclusion, explain how the historical context you discovered helps you better understand your social problem. Select one historical event to unpack and explain how it has provided contextual understanding for your social problem. Remember, contextual understanding includes analyzing the history or social structures within which groups function.
Your paper must be 6pages in length and use APA format for citations. Your paper should use a minimum of 10 sources. Newspapers, academic journals, government websites, podcasts, community historical documents, and blogs are a good source of material. Do not use Wikipedia as a source. Your paper must be written in a style befitting academic work. P