M. tuberculosis can be transmitted in virtually any setting. Clinicians should be aware that transmission has been documented in healthcare settings where healthcare workers and patients come in contact with persons with infection.
• Describe the factors that determine the infectiousness of
• Explain the main goals of a TB infection control program;
• Discuss the three levels of an effective TB infection control program;
• Explain the purpose and the characteristics of a TB airborne infection isolation room; and
• Describe the circumstances when respirators and surgical masks should be used.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- Utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
- Included a comprehensive overview of targeted tuberculin Testing
- Identified Recommended Treatments and Guidelines for Both Latent and TB Disease including contacts.
- APA format with 3 supporting evidence based resources 3 years and current/CDC.