Write an argument about the connections and/or departures in the treatment of marriage in Bronte’s Jane Eyre, Ducornet’s The Jade Cabinet, and Homes’ Music for Torching.That is, how do the similarities and/or differences among the texts affect your understanding of each of the texts?What becomes revealed about each of the texts when you analyze them together? Your argument should be supported by one of the academic articles we have read in class.Your argument should cite at least six sources, including Jane Eyre, The Jade Cabinet, Music for Torching, and one class academic article.
Requirements for your synthesis:
- You must have a thesis statement(s) that is clear, specific, and forecasts your major points about how the differences and/or similarities in the treatment of marriage among Bronte’s Jane Eyre, Ducornet’s The Jade Cabinet, and Homes’ Music for Torching affect your understanding of these texts.
- Make sure you develop and support your claims with textual evidence, including quotations.
- In terms of structure, you need an introduction, a thesis that forecasts your major points, body paragraphs that elaborate your major points, transitions, and a conclusion that summarizes your argument.
- The arrangement of your paper should be geared towards making your argument as clear as possible and holding the attention of your reader.
- Use MLA format, including a Works Cited page.
Your argument should be 6-8 pages, typed, double-spaced, with one-inch margins, and stapled. The Works Cited page is not included in the 6-8-page requirement.
Thesis statement(s) that is clear, specific, and forecasts the major points of your argument (10)
Clear and thorough elaboration of your major points (20)
Use of at least one scholar we have studied in class, demonstrating your ability to effectively use that scholar’s theories to read literature (20)
Effective use of evidence (at least 6 sources) (20)
Appropriate structure (10)
Effective, thoughtful arrangement (10)
Grammar/Mechanics (including Works Cited and documentation) (10)