https://bestnursingassignment.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/logo-1-300x75.png 0 0 admin https://bestnursingassignment.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/logo-1-300x75.png admin2020-09-30 10:43:492020-09-30 10:43:49Differences Between Determinate and Indeterminate Sentencing Paper
Differences Between Determinate and Indeterminate Sentencing Paper
Review and analyze the case studies listed in this week’s reading assignment, and discuss the following:
- Identify the main differences between determinate and indeterminate sentencing.
- What constraints are imposed on judges when using a presumptive or determinative sentencing model?
- Consider determinate and indeterminate sentencing.
- What is the value of each sentencing model?
- Discuss how 1 state uses each kind of sentencing model and how the decision is made to release a defendant from prison.
Use these cases to answer the questions?
- Lynch, G. E. (2005). SENTENCING: LEARNING FROM, AND WORRYING ABOUT, THE STATES. Columbia Law Review, 105(4), 933-942.
- Bowman, F. O. (2005). THE FAILURE OF THE FEDERAL SENTENCING GUIDELINES: A STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS. Columbia Law Review, 105(4), 1315-1350.
- Robinson, P. H., & Spellman, B. A. (2005). SENTENCING DECISIONS: MATCHING THE DECISIONMAKER TO THE DECISION NATURE. Columbia Law Review, 105(4), 1124-1161.